Each surmounted by a flaming two‐handled fluted husk‐trailed vase flanked by husk trails and fluted scrolled branches, each with an acanthus‐wrapped drip‐pan below fluted vase‐shaped nozzles, above a tapering panelled shaft decorated with piaster frieze.
Paris circa 1765
42 cm high
Wall‐lights of the same form were delivered in 1763 by the Parisian marchand‐mercier Simon‐Philippe Poirier to George William Coventry, 6th Earl of Coventry (1722‐1809) for his home at Croome Court, near Pershore Worcestershire.

A pair of late Louis XV gilt -bronze two‐light wall‐lights